Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2015

April Fools!

In honor of this week’s big holiday—that means April Fools’ Day to everyone but my mother (Mom, here’s a rousing “Happy Birthday”! And look for a brand new, robin’s egg blue, BMW convertible in the driveway first thing in the morning on your special day!)—I scoured the far reaches of the internet, as well as polled my treacherously clever friends, family, and acquaintances to amass the finest collection of pranks, tricks, and capers ever assembled in one blog.*
And some of these people scare me now.
Why celebrate April Fools’ Day? Because…
April Fools’ Day offers a bang-up opportunity to pay your kids back for all the stuff they do to you all year long.
“I told my son I’d traded him to a different little league team.” – Lonnie S., Washington, D.C.
“One time I carefully slit open bags of potato chips, replaced the contents with baby carrots, then resealed the bags and put them in my kids’ lunches.” – Carla T., Silver Spring, MD
“My mother once put raisins at the bottoms of our glasses of milk. We didn’t think my sister would ever recover from it.” – Shelley W., Arlington, VA
Donut seeds, inedible food, and technology obliteration are just a few of the 41 Genius April Fools’ Day Pranks Your Kids Will Totally Fall For.
April Fools’ Day promotes fun family unity. (Or the inception of a potentially longstanding feud.)
Original Photo by Megan
“I added my brother’s address to the directory of open houses in the newspaper’s Realty Section on April Fools’ Day. And I listed it as a short sale.” – Anonymous in an anonymous city
“I sent a mass email to friends and family, announcing that my boyfriend and I were moving to San Francisco to start our new life together. I still haven’t heard back from half the people I sent that to. I don’t get Christmas cards from them anymore, either.” – A heterosexual man in Fort Worth, TX
Photo by Markus Schöpke
“When my son was eleven or twelve he would bring coffee into his dad and me first thing in the morning. On April Fool’s Day he put our cups on our respective nightstands and slipped out of the room. I groggily reached over to mine and brought the hot, steamy morning fuel to my lips—then spewed it out, gagging and choking. I got out of bed, put on my sweetest mommy face and went to find my child. I said, 'Thank you, son,' then pushed him up against the wall and threatened his life if he ever did that again. He’d loaded the coffee with hot sauce.” – Donna D., Chesapeake, VA
Mayonnaise-filled donuts, exploding food, and a ceiling fan powder blast: Check out the Crazy Russian Hacker’s 10 How-To Pranks.
Photo by TipsTimes
Also, a gem of an idea from DeeDee S., in Pittsboro, IN: “Tell your husband and kids that you’re having another baby. Get a pregnant friend to pee on a test stick so you can ‘prove’ it.”
April Fools’ Day is a great time to bolster morale in the office, too.
Fake big-win lottery tickets.” – Nicole V., Greenwood, IN
“New screen savers for everyone. Think a sultry-eyed Justin Bieber, a Beano advertisement, or a scrolling marquis that reads, ‘I stalk my co-workers on the weekends’.” – Anonymous in Arlington, VA
“In one famous prank from 1957, the BBC broadcast a film … purporting to show Swiss farmers picking freshly-grown spaghetti, in what they called the Swiss Spaghetti Harvest. The BBC were later flooded with requests to purchase a spaghetti plant, forcing them to declare the film a hoax on the news the next day.” Wikipedia
Photo by
Wikimedia Commons
A keyboard garden plot, balloon-pit cubicle, and autocorrect shortcut alterations will jumpstart your office prank creativity, from Hubspot blogs.
Lastly, April Fools’ Day gives you an excuse to just be a solid jerk for a day.
So put on your impish thinking cap and get geared up for this year’s special day of fun, frolic, and fabricated disasters. We’d love to hear how it went! And if you came up with any dastardly derring-do, or if you had a particularly outrageous one pulled on you, please come back and leave a comment about it.
And if on the morning of April first you see my mother surveying her driveway with an expression of disappointment on her sweet face, please wish her a Happy April Fool’s Day from her shameless daughter.

*WastingMyEducation is not responsible for the safety or welfare of you and/or any of your family members, friends, or relationships should you elect to employ anything that inspired you here. If you choose to give some of these pranks a whirl, just remember that payback’s… well, you know.


(Your email address will never be sold or shared.)

No comments:

Post a Comment